Sainsbury's says immigrants have 'better ethic' than Britons
Steve Greene
2007-10-08 17:27:18 UTC
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=486419&in_page_id=1770

Supermarket giant Sainsbury's is hailing the “superior” work ethic of
its immigrant workers.

The company, which has a workforce of 150,000, praised newcomers to
Britain for their flexibility and for their uncomplaining attitude to
work.

It hopes their approach will spread to domestic workers and is planning
to increase its use of immigrant labour.

“We have found migrant workers to have a very satisfactory work ethic,
in many cases superior to domestic workers,” J Sainsbury said in
evidence to a parliamentary inquiry on the economic impact of
immigration.

“We believe that this results from their differing motivations, they
want to learn English, or send money home to their families."

"They tend to be more willing to work flexibly, and be satisfied with
their duties, terms and conditions and productivity requirements.

“In the long term, this could have a positive effect on their domestic
colleagues.” Polish builders, and other Eastern European tradesmen and
women, have been praised for the standards of their work since arriving
in large numbers in recent years.

Sainsbury's said its use of immigrant labour in retail and distribution
had “grown significantly” in the past two years. Its comments are likely
to reignite the debate about the work ethic of British employees.

“We anticipate that the use of migrant workers will increase within
Sainsbury's, as the UK population declines, and it will also help us, in
part, to address the problem of an ageing population,” it told the Lords
economic affairs select committee.

“We have been able to utilise immigrant labour to improve our business
performance by filling pressing gaps in both skilled and unskilled
areas.”

The food giant stressed that it had seen a “positive shift in culture
where migrant workers have been introduced, which has led to a more
diverse workforce fostering a more engaged group of workers” in some
areas.

It also admitted that the influx of immigrant employees had led it to
reappraise some of its work practices, such as greater flexibility — to
allow Polish HGV drivers to return home regularly — which had benefited
the wider worforce.

Workers from Eastern Europe earn enough money to improve their
lifestyles back in their home country.

Sainsbury's also said that more could be done to help migrant workers
get advice on housing, banking, language and understanding the UK
culture.

“Language barriers are a disadvantage, and migrants understanding of
health and safety requirements are naturally a major concern,” said the
company, which has changed its signs and places migrant workers with
English-speaking colleagues, as well as using fellow employees as
interpreters.

Meanwhile, Professor David Blanchflower, who sits on the Bank of
England's monetary policy committee, suggested to the peers that
immigration from Eastern Europe had dampened down wage growth because it
had increased the “fear of unemployment” with more workers available for
jobs.

The National Institute of Economic and Social Research suggested that
382,000 Eastern Europeans had arrived in the UK since their countries
joined the European Union in 2004.
Chris X
2007-10-08 17:29:25 UTC
Post by Steve Greene
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=486419&in_page_id=1770
Supermarket giant Sainsbury's is hailing the "superior" work ethic of
its immigrant workers.
The company, which has a workforce of 150,000, praised newcomers to
Britain for their flexibility and for their uncomplaining attitude to
work.
TRANSLATION - They lick arse because we're paying them a fortune (in Polish
terms).

Boycott Sainsburys !
Col
2007-10-08 17:39:45 UTC
Post by Chris X
Post by Steve Greene
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=486419&in_page_id=1770
Supermarket giant Sainsbury's is hailing the "superior" work ethic of
its immigrant workers.
The company, which has a workforce of 150,000, praised newcomers to
Britain for their flexibility and for their uncomplaining attitude to
work.
TRANSLATION - They lick arse because we're paying them a fortune (in
Polish terms).
Fuck me, I agree with you!!
--
Col

Steal a spaceship and head for the sun,
Shoot the stars with a lemonade ray gun.
Happy Camper
2007-10-08 17:43:32 UTC
Post by Col
Fuck me, I agree with you!!
Now, *there's* a chat-up line.
R D S
2007-10-08 17:43:51 UTC
Post by Chris X
Post by Steve Greene
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=486419&in_page_id=1770
Supermarket giant Sainsbury's is hailing the "superior" work ethic of
its immigrant workers.
The company, which has a workforce of 150,000, praised newcomers to
Britain for their flexibility and for their uncomplaining attitude to
work.
TRANSLATION - They lick arse because we're paying them a fortune (in
Polish terms).
Boycott Sainsburys !
While I would love to see all Brits have jobs, I would not be surprised if
their immigrant counterparts are a better prospect as employees.

I am an employer and the laziness and inflexibility of the british workforce
never ceases to amaze me.
Alan
i too am amazed for the same reasons
Alan
2007-10-08 18:24:57 UTC
Post by R D S
Post by Chris X
Post by Steve Greene
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=486419&in_page_id=1770
Supermarket giant Sainsbury's is hailing the "superior" work ethic of
its immigrant workers.
The company, which has a workforce of 150,000, praised newcomers to
Britain for their flexibility and for their uncomplaining attitude to
work.
TRANSLATION - They lick arse because we're paying them a fortune (in
Polish terms).
Boycott Sainsburys !
While I would love to see all Brits have jobs, I would not be surprised if
their immigrant counterparts are a better prospect as employees.
I am an employer and the laziness and inflexibility of the british workforce
never ceases to amaze me.
WHAT THOSE WORDS ON ANNUAL PERFORMANCE REVIEWS REALLY MEAN

Outgoing personality >> Always going out of the office

Good presentation skills >> Able to bullshit

Good communication skills >> Spends a lot of time on the phone

Work is the first priority >> Too ugly to get a date

Active socially >> Drinks a lot

Independent worker >> Nobody knows what he/she does

Quick thinking >> offers plausible excuses

Careful thinker >> will not make a decision

Uses logic on difficult projects >> Gets someone else to do it

Expresses themselves well >> Speaks English

Meticulous attention to detail >> A nit picker

Has leadership qualities >> is tall or has a loud voice

Exceptionally good judgment >> Lucky

Keen sense of humour >> knows a lot of dirty jokes

Career minded >> A back stabber

Loyal >> cannot get a job anywhere else

Plans for promotion advancement >> Buys drinks for all the boys

Of great value to the organisation >> gets to work on time

Relaxed attitude >> Sleeps at desk
R D S
Nice one.
The Boss
2007-10-08 19:30:29 UTC
Post by R D S
Post by Chris X
Post by Steve Greene
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=486419&in_page_id=1770
Supermarket giant Sainsbury's is hailing the "superior" work ethic of
its immigrant workers.
The company, which has a workforce of 150,000, praised newcomers to
Britain for their flexibility and for their uncomplaining attitude to
work.
TRANSLATION - They lick arse because we're paying them a fortune (in
Polish terms).
Boycott Sainsburys !
While I would love to see all Brits have jobs, I would not be surprised if
their immigrant counterparts are a better prospect as employees.
I am an employer and the laziness and inflexibility of the british workforce
never ceases to amaze me.
Is that a one way street? What do you pay them, MW?
The Boss
R D S
No, I pay way over MW, with a bonus scheme that is rarely realised.
The Boss
2007-10-08 20:26:47 UTC
Post by R D S
Post by The Boss
Post by R D S
Post by Chris X
Post by Steve Greene
[...]
What kind of work would that be? Working conditions etc?
The Boss
Paul Hyett
2007-10-09 09:00:17 UTC
Post by R D S
Post by The Boss
Post by R D S
I am an employer and the laziness and inflexibility of the british workforce
never ceases to amaze me.
Is that a one way street? What do you pay them, MW?
No, I pay way over MW, with a bonus scheme that is rarely realised.
The actual pay levels are less important than employee morale, though.

If employees feel appreciated, they will perform better than if the
Sword of Damocles is constantly hanging over them.
Paul Hyett, Cheltenham
®i©ardo
2007-10-09 08:58:29 UTC
Post by The Boss
Post by R D S
Post by Chris X
Post by Steve Greene
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=486419&in_page_id=1770
Supermarket giant Sainsbury's is hailing the "superior" work ethic of
its immigrant workers.
The company, which has a workforce of 150,000, praised newcomers to
Britain for their flexibility and for their uncomplaining attitude to
work.
TRANSLATION - They lick arse because we're paying them a fortune (in
Polish terms).
Boycott Sainsburys !
While I would love to see all Brits have jobs, I would not be surprised if
their immigrant counterparts are a better prospect as employees.
I am an employer and the laziness and inflexibility of the british workforce
never ceases to amaze me.
Is that a one way street? What do you pay them, MW?
With the minimum wage legislation, possibly more than they are worth...
Moving things in still pictures!
Paul Hyett
2007-10-09 09:00:17 UTC
Post by R D S
Post by Chris X
TRANSLATION - They lick arse because we're paying them a fortune (in
Polish terms).
Boycott Sainsburys !
While I would love to see all Brits have jobs, I would not be surprised if
their immigrant counterparts are a better prospect as employees.
I am an employer and the laziness and inflexibility of the british workforce
never ceases to amaze me.
Well, why did you hire them, then? :)

Seriously though, if the above trend continues, we're going to need laws
preventing discrimination against British job-seekers.
Paul Hyett, Cheltenham
KJ
you have already enticed people to shop there by saying you don't
Chris X
No.
Rory
2007-10-08 17:14:11 UTC
Post by KJ
Post by Chris X
Post by Steve Greene
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in
_article_id=486419&in_page_id=1770
Supermarket giant Sainsbury's is hailing the "superior" work
ethic of its immigrant workers.
The company, which has a workforce of 150,000, praised
newcomers to Britain for their flexibility and for their
uncomplaining attitude to work.
TRANSLATION - They lick arse because we're paying them a fortune
(in Polish terms).
Boycott Sainsburys !
you have already enticed people to shop there by saying you don't
No.
Have you noticed that "KJ" always removes uk.local.isle-of-wight from
his posts?

Is that possibly because he doesn't want them to know just how much of
an idiotic moron he really is?
KJ
2007-10-08 19:54:51 UTC
Post by Rory
Post by KJ
Post by Chris X
Post by Steve Greene
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in
_article_id=486419&in_page_id=1770
Supermarket giant Sainsbury's is hailing the "superior" work
ethic of its immigrant workers.
The company, which has a workforce of 150,000, praised
newcomers to Britain for their flexibility and for their
uncomplaining attitude to work.
TRANSLATION - They lick arse because we're paying them a fortune
(in Polish terms).
Boycott Sainsburys !
you have already enticed people to shop there by saying you don't
No.
Have you noticed that "KJ" always removes uk.local.isle-of-wight from
his posts?
Is that possibly because he doesn't want them to know just how much of
an idiotic moron he really is?
or that I'm quite happy to indulge myself with racist and idiots, but
don't want to inflict them on others
The Boss
2007-10-08 19:32:19 UTC
Post by KJ
Post by Chris X
Post by Steve Greene
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=486419&in_page_id=1770
Supermarket giant Sainsbury's is hailing the "superior" work ethic of
its immigrant workers.
The company, which has a workforce of 150,000, praised newcomers to
Britain for their flexibility and for their uncomplaining attitude to
work.
TRANSLATION - They lick arse because we're paying them a fortune (in
Polish terms).
Boycott Sainsburys !
you have already enticed people to shop there by saying you don't
Well that's stupid "logic".
The Boss
Alan
John of Aix
2007-10-08 18:40:04 UTC
Post by Chris X
Post by Steve Greene
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=486419&in_page_id=1770
Supermarket giant Sainsbury's is hailing the "superior" work ethic of
its immigrant workers.
The company, which has a workforce of 150,000, praised newcomers to
Britain for their flexibility and for their uncomplaining attitude to
work.
TRANSLATION - They lick arse because we're paying them a fortune (in
Polish terms).
It doesn't need any translation it just needs to get those fat slobs on
invalidity benefit who are curently sitting in front of TV eating snacks
to get off their arses. There is absolutely no doubt whatsoever that
iommigrant workers show more willing and, often, more skills than those
wjhose countries they immigrate to. Perhaps it isn't natural but as they
have more difficulties in their way in their new country, they make more
effort.

In short they are showing the British up by their work ethic.
Alan
i totally agree with you
The Boss
2007-10-08 20:15:04 UTC
Post by Alan
Post by John of Aix
Post by Chris X
Post by Steve Greene
[...]
Are YOU British? If so, does that mean YOU are shown up by YOUR work ethic,
or lack of it???
The Boss
Paul Hyett
2007-10-09 09:00:17 UTC
Post by Alan
Post by John of Aix
In short they are showing the British up by their work ethic.
i totally agree with you
Yes, despite all the difficulties inherent in obtaining bomb-making
material, or money-laundering, or smuggling drugs, people or guns, they
still persist... :)
Paul Hyett, Cheltenham
Chris X
2007-10-08 19:59:19 UTC
Post by John of Aix
Post by Chris X
Post by Steve Greene
[...]
They make an "effort" because what they're earning here is equivalent to a
Brit earning £1500 per week.
Happy Camper
2007-10-08 20:08:48 UTC
Post by Chris X
They make an "effort" because what they're earning here is equivalent to a
Brit earning £1500 per week.
Jeez, I wouldn't get out of bed for less.

Not without a full bladder.
The Boss
2007-10-08 20:25:15 UTC
Post by Chris X
Post by John of Aix
Post by Chris X
Post by Steve Greene
[...]
Right (depending on the country from where they came).
It's amazing to read all those disparaging British workers (SOME are lazy
slobs etc) and therefore it's OK to import foreigners, but NEVER is the OP
one of those lazy, overpaid slobs.

What is perhaps necessary for them, is to import more HIGHER qualified
people so that those British posters can also feel the heat of competition,
having THEIR salaries forced down, their jobs made insecure, their homes etc
consequently at risk, see how they like it then. But of course, they would
never admit that they are just ordinary workers in their field, never able
to be displaced by a foreigner.
The Boss
John of Aix
2007-10-08 21:44:15 UTC
Post by Chris X
Post by John of Aix
Post by Chris X
Post by Steve Greene
[...]
Of course it isn't, it is equivalent to what they earn in Britain where
they pay social security charges, tax eventually, rents, food, transport
etc etc etc just like anyone else.
Chris X
2007-10-09 06:21:28 UTC
Post by John of Aix
Post by Chris X
Post by John of Aix
Post by Chris X
Post by Steve Greene
[...]
No, even after all their "outgoings", their net pay still enables them to
live like royalty when they eventually go back home after roughing it here.
Once they do go home of course, they're immediately replaced by cousin Karel
who'll do a six month stint, and so on and so on.
Lord Turkey Cough
2007-10-08 20:17:14 UTC
Post by Chris X
Post by Steve Greene
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=486419&in_page_id=1770
Supermarket giant Sainsbury's is hailing the "superior" work ethic of
its immigrant workers.
The company, which has a workforce of 150,000, praised newcomers to
Britain for their flexibility and for their uncomplaining attitude to
work.
TRANSLATION - They lick arse because we're paying them a fortune (in
Polish terms).
And the taxes they pay will not cover a fraction of the benefits needed to
pay for the English worker whose job they inevitavbly take.
Economic suicide.
Boycott Sainsburys !
Paul Hyett
2007-10-09 09:00:17 UTC
Post by Chris X
Post by Steve Greene
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_articl
e_id=486419&in_page_id=1770
Supermarket giant Sainsbury's is hailing the "superior" work ethic of
its immigrant workers.
The company, which has a workforce of 150,000, praised newcomers to
Britain for their flexibility and for their uncomplaining attitude to
work.
TRANSLATION - They lick arse because we're paying them a fortune (in Polish
terms).
Boycott Sainsburys !
If too many others follow suit, you have to start a back-garden farm. :)

Mind you, if Felicity Kendal was part of the deal, I'd consider doing so
myself...
Paul Hyett, Cheltenham
rz
2007-10-08 19:59:08 UTC
"> "We have found migrant workers to have a very satisfactory work ethic,
in many cases superior to domestic workers," J Sainsbury said in
evidence to a parliamentary inquiry on the economic impact of
immigration.
I suggest that this will only last until these new workers are made fully
conversant of their rights and realise that the flow of money need not be
tied to a good day's work.
"We believe that this results from their differing motivations, they
want to learn English, or send money home to their families."
Neither of which are impossible - by a long way - in "pay me, I'm useless"
Britain. As I say ,once the laughably old fashioned notion that being paid
for doing nothing is impossible and / or contemptible is thrashed out of
them by the slovenly barrack-room lawyers who so beknight our society then
they'll be slacking off with the best of 'em
Lord Turkey Cough
2007-10-08 20:14:52 UTC
Simple exploitation of cheap foreign worker to displace their
British counterparts who are not prepared to work like slaves
for no increase in their living standards. The foreigners are beause
they are getting 5 times their normal wage.

If Sainsburys paid their English workers 5 times their normal salary
they would notice a similar arse licking attitude, ther is no doubt about
that.
®i©ardo
2007-10-09 09:05:40 UTC
Post by Lord Turkey Cough
Simple exploitation of cheap foreign worker to displace their
British counterparts who are not prepared to work like slaves
for no increase in their living standards. The foreigners are beause
they are getting 5 times their normal wage.
If Sainsburys paid their English workers 5 times their normal salary
they would notice a similar arse licking attitude, ther is no doubt about
that.
What, they'd cut their twenty minute smoke breaks to just one per hour?
Moving things in still pictures!
Steve Cooper
2007-10-09 09:09:12 UTC
Its not about slave labour, its about get-up-and-go and lack of
opportunity in their native country.

People everywhere are much the same. There are those that will do
everything necessary to improve their life and that of their families.
They will work hard, take risks and put off immediate gratification
for long term success. Then their are others who want stuff now and
want it with the minimum of effort, these are the people that play the
lottery for more than a bit of fun, try go into "Big Brother" so they
can become a "celeberaty".

The immigrants we see are the Poles, Czechs etc that fall into this
first group. But there are just as many Poles & Czechs who fall into
the second group. But these stay at home, and drink the Vodka and
complain about how joining the EU hasn't made them rich as they
thought they were promised.

In this country, the people in the first group worked hard at school,
got themselves and education, and now have well paying jobs, or went
out there and took the risks and now run their own businesses. The
rest mucked around, left school with no or few qualifications, and now
sit around complaining about the immigrants coming over here and
pinching their jobs. Jobs they wouldn't have done anyway because they
don't pay significantly more than what they get from benefits, and if
they are forced to take them, they are performed without enthusiasm
for that same reason.

Industry has to be competative. Either they pay competative wages in
this country or they take the work abroad. At least with the
immigrants the jobs stay here, and the companies and the immigrants
continue to pay taxes into our exchequer.

What we seem to have forgoton in this country is that benefits are
supposed to be a safety blanket. You are not supposed to be able live
comfortably on them, if you are unemployed you should be living on the
edge, and desperate to get a job, any job. You should not have spare
cash to go down the boozer, buy a packet of fags, subscribe to sky tv
or any of the other luxaries that people on benefits now seem to think
is their right. Living on benefits should be a basic existance and
thats all.

If we were to do that, then maybe employers would start seeing a
change in english employees, and would recruit fewer immigrants. But I
don't see that attitude amongst those of the bottom rung changing
until we do something about the benefits system.

Steve Cooper
'Mike'
2007-10-09 09:29:51 UTC
Post by Steve Cooper
[...]
What a wonderful posting.

Thank you so much for hitting the nail fair and square on the head.

As someone who HAS taken risks and provided work for 26 people in two
factories and listened to the remarks 'He's doing alright for himself' and
then having the lot taken away at the start of the recession and lost the
house as well, and now hear the jibes of 'A failed businessman' (whereas it
was the business which went down, not 'me'), I can see what you are saying.

None of the 26 lost a thing. They were paid in full. They went out and got
another job and carried on with their fags, booze and Sky TV :-))

Wonderful posting Steve, but it will upset those who are the "sit on my
backside the State owes me a living"

Poles? Wonderful workers ............... still. As they were in 1940 .....
thank you

Mike
--
www.rneba.org.uk for the latest pictures of the very first reunion and
Inaugural General Meeting. Nothing less than a fantastic success.
j***@hushmail.com
2007-10-08 20:24:53 UTC
[...]
Translates:

'We can pay these Poles crap wages because they are so poor. Hell, we
could probably *halve* their wages and they'd be grateful! Meanwhile
our profits continue to increase. Triple bonuses all round!'
JA**
2007-10-08 23:00:40 UTC
Post by Steve Greene
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=486419&in_page_id=1770
Supermarket giant Sainsbury's is hailing the “superior” work ethic of
its immigrant workers.
Wasn't this the same Sainsbury who received his Lordship through giving
millions to NuLabour. Say no more..
The Boss
2007-10-08 23:11:50 UTC
Post by Steve Greene
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=486419&in_page_id=1770
Supermarket giant Sainsbury's is hailing the “superior” work ethic of
its immigrant workers.
Wasn't this the same Sainsbury who received his Lordship through giving
millions to NuLabour. Say no more..
Where've you been?
The Boss
JA**
2007-10-08 23:21:20 UTC
Post by The Boss
Post by Steve Greene
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=486419&in_page_id=1770
Supermarket giant Sainsbury's is hailing the “superior” work ethic of
its immigrant workers.
Wasn't this the same Sainsbury who received his Lordship through giving
millions to NuLabour. Say no more..
Where've you been?
--
The Boss
I've been around reading the group occasionally. Every now and again a need
a break from politics (nulab) or otherwise it does my head in....lol..
The Boss
2007-10-08 23:24:17 UTC
Post by JA**
Post by The Boss
Post by Steve Greene
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=486419&in_page_id=1770
Supermarket giant Sainsbury's is hailing the “superior” work ethic of
its immigrant workers.
Wasn't this the same Sainsbury who received his Lordship through giving
millions to NuLabour. Say no more..
Where've you been?
--
The Boss
I've been around reading the group occasionally. Every now and again a
need a break from politics (nulab) or otherwise it does my head
in....lol..
Aha, you lurk too.
The Boss
JA**
2007-10-08 23:31:52 UTC
Post by The Boss
Post by JA**
Post by The Boss
Post by Steve Greene
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=486419&in_page_id=1770
Supermarket giant Sainsbury's is hailing the “superior” work ethic of
its immigrant workers.
Wasn't this the same Sainsbury who received his Lordship through giving
millions to NuLabour. Say no more..
Where've you been?
--
The Boss
I've been around reading the group occasionally. Every now and again a
need a break from politics (nulab) or otherwise it does my head
in....lol..
Aha, you lurk too.
--
I've notice Rifleman, Jon, arealman have disappeared, that's a shame, they
were good characters.
The Boss
2007-10-09 19:08:43 UTC
Post by The Boss
Post by JA**
Post by The Boss
Post by Steve Greene
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=486419&in_page_id=1770
Supermarket giant Sainsbury's is hailing the “superior” work ethic of
its immigrant workers.
Wasn't this the same Sainsbury who received his Lordship through giving
millions to NuLabour. Say no more..
Where've you been?
--
The Boss
I've been around reading the group occasionally. Every now and again a
need a break from politics (nulab) or otherwise it does my head
in....lol..
Aha, you lurk too.
--
I've notice Rifleman, Jon, arealman have disappeared, that's a shame,
they were good characters.
Rifleman's recently posted some, Wotan's been missing for years(?)...
The Boss
Paul Hyett
2007-10-10 08:35:54 UTC
In uk.politics.misc on Tue, 9 Oct 2007, The Boss
Post by The Boss
Post by The Boss
--
I've notice Rifleman, Jon, arealman have disappeared, that's a shame,
they were good characters.
Rifleman's recently posted some, Wotan's been missing for years(?)...
Wotan i.e. Bob Sims, died at least 3 or 4 years ago.
Paul Hyett, Cheltenham
The Boss
2007-10-10 10:36:12 UTC
Post by The Boss
Post by The Boss
--
I've notice Rifleman, Jon, arealman have disappeared, that's a shame,
they were good characters.
Rifleman's recently posted some, Wotan's been missing for years(?)...
Wotan i.e. Bob Sims, died at least 3 or 4 years ago.
Thanks for letting me know, Paul. Seems he was still alive early 2004.
However, I then came across SXB...
Paul Hyett
2007-10-10 17:15:38 UTC
Post by The Boss
Post by The Boss
--
I've notice Rifleman, Jon, arealman have disappeared, that's a shame,
they were good characters.
Rifleman's recently posted some, Wotan's been missing for years(?)...
Wotan i.e. Bob Sims, died at least 3 or 4 years ago.
Thanks for letting me know, Paul. Seems he was still alive early 2004.
However, I then came across SXB...
IIRC, Peter Watson informed ukpm at the time.

FYI, Peter is still around, but not posting to usenet nowadays.
Paul Hyett, Cheltenham
The Boss
2007-10-10 20:15:51 UTC
Post by The Boss
Post by The Boss
--
I've notice Rifleman, Jon, arealman have disappeared, that's a shame,
they were good characters.
Rifleman's recently posted some, Wotan's been missing for years(?)...
Wotan i.e. Bob Sims, died at least 3 or 4 years ago.
Thanks for letting me know, Paul. Seems he was still alive early 2004.
However, I then came across SXB...
IIRC, Peter Watson informed ukpm at the time.
I saw that when googling.
Post by Paul Hyett
FYI, Peter is still around, but not posting to usenet nowadays.
Wouldn't really blame him either.

So, you've forgotten about SXB - Brown (and various other names)?
The Boss
Paul Hyett
2007-10-11 07:36:39 UTC
Post by The Boss
Post by Paul Hyett
FYI, Peter is still around, but not posting to usenet nowadays.
Wouldn't really blame him either.
So, you've forgotten about SXB - Brown (and various other names)?
No, but if they changed their alias, I wouldn't necessarily recognise
them.
Paul Hyett, Cheltenham
The Boss
2007-10-11 20:11:28 UTC
Post by The Boss
Post by Paul Hyett
FYI, Peter is still around, but not posting to usenet nowadays.
Wouldn't really blame him either.
So, you've forgotten about SXB - Brown (and various other names)?
No, but if they changed their alias, I wouldn't necessarily recognise
them.
Er, how COULD you miss SXB's posts? They are most distinctive.
The Boss
h***@freeispshares.co.uk
2007-10-09 09:52:28 UTC
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_arti...
Supermarket giant Sainsbury's is hailing the "superior" work ethic of
its immigrant workers.
The company, which has a workforce of 150,000, praised newcomers to
Britain for their flexibility and for their uncomplaining attitude to
work.
It hopes their approach will spread to domestic workers and is planning
to increase its use of immigrant labour.
"We have found migrant workers to have a very satisfactory work ethic,
in many cases superior to domestic workers,"
Well excuse me - wasn't it Sainsbury's who have just had to provide
special arrangements for one section of its immigrant workers -
mozlems - because they have refused to do some of the work they were
contracted to do, and have expected other workers - native ones? - to
do the work for them?
h***@freeispshares.co.uk
2007-10-09 10:02:46 UTC
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_arti...
Supermarket giant Sainsbury's is hailing the "superior" work ethic of
its immigrant workers.
The company, which has a workforce of 150,000, praised newcomers to
Britain for their flexibility and for their uncomplaining attitude to
work.
It hopes their approach will spread to domestic workers and is planning
to increase its use of immigrant labour.
"We have found migrant workers to have a very satisfactory work ethic,
in many cases superior to domestic workers," J Sainsbury said in
evidence to a parliamentary inquiry on the economic impact of
immigration.
And if they had said 'Sainsbury's is hailing the "superior" work ethic
of its native English workers. The company praised the English for
their flexibility and for their uncomplaining attitude to work. It
hopes their approach will spread to immigrant workers and is planning
to increase its use of ethnic English labour. "We have found English
workers to have a very satisfactory work ethic, in many cases superior
to immigrant workers," J Sainsbury said in evidence to a parliamentary
inquiry on the economic impact of immigration.'

And if they're planning to increase their use of immigrant labour,
they will be discriminating against non-immigrants. So discrimination
is fine, as long as it's done to exploit the settled population and to
benefit the immigrants.