Sacked because we are British
JA**
2006-12-12 01:31:56 UTC
By Paul Broster
http://www.express.co.uk/news_detail.html?sku=862

A GROUP of skilled craftsmen working on an NHS project have been sacked and
their jobs given to migrant Polish workers.

The 16 glaziers were axed from a hospital construction site even though one
had just won an award for his dedication and professionalism.

Polish workers are now in the jobs, leaving the sacked men to claim they are
victims of cheap EU labour flooding into the UK.

One of the glaziers had been told he could look forward to another three
years on the project. But two months ago, 30 Poles were employed on the site
and last week Martin Kelly and his colleagues were dumped on the dole, just
before Christmas.

Mr Kelly, 40, who has two young sons, says he had paid the price of being a
"British worker on a British wage".

The sackings come weeks after experts said migrants from Eastern Europe were
to blame for UK unemployment soaring to its highest for seven years.

Since the expansion of the EU two years ago, thousands of workers from
countries such as Poland have come to Britain and been taken on by firms
seeking to slash costs.

There is rising concern that Romanian and Bulgarian workers will pour into
the UK after those countries join the EU on January 1. Even well-paid East
Europeans earn a pittance in UK terms - the average salary in Poland is
£4,700 a year.

Yesterday, Mr Kelly, who has not been out of work since he left school, said
he was shattered at the prospect of telling his sons he was on the dole.

When he was taken on by contractors at the site in Manchester, he was told
his £38,000-a-year job was likely to last until 2010.

He was given a health and safety award by a construction company for his
skill operating a tower crane putting cladding on the new state-of-the-art
hospital in the city centre.

Mr Kelly, from Stockport, said: "I've worked hard all my life but now I've
been got rid of for one reason - I'm a British worker in Britain on a
British wage but I'm more expensive than someone in Poland.

"I've also voted Labour all my life but I'll never vote for them again. Tony
Blair is letting people like me down. A lot of us are family men who now
have to go back and tell them just before Christmas that we've been fired."

The hospital is being built for the NHS by Bovis Lend Lease, which has
sub-contracted some of the work, including the cladding, to Dutch firm
Scheldebouw.

Scheldebouw employed the 16 glaziers. Bovis confirmed their contracts had
been terminated. It said the Polish glaziers had been hired two months
earlier and insisted they were skilled and "paid in line" with other workers
on site.

The 16 sacked Britons would be replaced by men who "may be Poles or may be
British - that is up to Scheldebouw".

No one at Scheldebouw or NHS North West was unavailable for comment.
Officials from the sacked men's union, UCATT, are due to meet bosses from
Bovis and Scheldebouw today.

MigrationWatch UK said: "If Poles find themselves facing low wages in their
own country, they are all the more likely to come to Britain, where wages
are four or five times more."

Tory MP David Davies said the sackings "demonstrate the folly of Britain's
immigration policy". He added: "It makes me mad to see anyone lose their
jobs two weeks before Christmas. How are they going to feed their families?

"It also angers me that the Government claim we need all these migrant
workers for their skills.

"Well, clearly, we had the skills already, in the form of these British
workers who have now been sacked.

"Economically it makes no sense either as British people have to pick up the
bill for their health care and children's education.

"All these workers who come cheaper will just drive down wages in this
country and more people will find themselves on the dole."

Fellow Tory MP Mike Penning said: "This is outrageous. We were promised by
the Government categorically that EU workers were only coming into Britain
when we had a job shortfall - not create job shortages.

"It is wrong and as it is an NHS project I would expect the Government to
give these people their jobs back."

Labour chairman Hazel Blears admitted yesterday that Government claims that
immigration helps the economy do not hold sway with voters.

In a move which may anger Cabinet colleagues, she also warned that
immigration was set to explode as an issue before the next election.

She said: "Labour must address concerns about immigration head on. We must
listen to people telling us they feel insecure."

* Are our jobs under threat from immigrants? Comment NOW at Have Your Say.

://www.express.co.uk/news_detail.html?sku=862
m***@my-deja.com
2006-12-12 01:38:10 UTC
Post by JA**
Labour chairman Hazel Blears admitted yesterday that Government claims that
immigration helps the economy do not hold sway with voters.
No shit.
Post by JA**
She said: "Labour must address concerns about immigration head on. We must
listen to people telling us they feel insecure."
And then ignore them...

Mark
T***@USA.com
2006-12-12 02:09:12 UTC
Post by JA**
By Paul Broster
http://www.express.co.uk/news_detail.html?sku=862
A GROUP of skilled craftsmen working on an NHS project have been sacked and
their jobs given to migrant Polish workers.
Probably due to the fact that Brit workers are lazy incompetent
lardarses forever expecting a free handout. Instead of whining you
should be thanking the Poles because at least the job will be done
with some semblance of professionalism as opposed to the pigs dinner
Brit workers would made of it.
m***@my-deja.com
2006-12-12 02:12:51 UTC
Post by T***@USA.com
Probably due to the fact that Brit workers are lazy incompetent
lardarses forever expecting a free handout. Instead of whining you
should be thanking the Poles because at least the job will be done
with some semblance of professionalism as opposed to the pigs dinner
Brit workers would made of it.
Indeed: it's amazing that Britain got anywhere before all these
wonderfully hard-working immigrants came over to show us how to run a
country. Why, if only we'd had them here a few centuries ago we could
have had an Empire that ran a quarter of the land on the planet and
most of the oceans rather than being a poor country with 30%
unemployment whose people have to emigrate to work as cleaners abroad.

Mark
T***@USA.com
2006-12-12 02:40:56 UTC
Post by m***@my-deja.com
Post by T***@USA.com
Probably due to the fact that Brit workers are lazy incompetent
lardarses forever expecting a free handout. Instead of whining you
should be thanking the Poles because at least the job will be done
with some semblance of professionalism as opposed to the pigs dinner
Brit workers would made of it.
Indeed: it's amazing that Britain got anywhere before all these
wonderfully hard-working immigrants came over to show us how to run a
country. Why, if only we'd had them here a few centuries ago we could
have had an Empire that ran a quarter of the land on the planet and
most of the oceans
Who do you think was doing all the work in the Brit Empire!!? Usually
slaves or people driven at the point of a gun into working for the
Brit's. Yes, foreigners, whilst the lazy Brit fucks took all the money
for their endeavors whilst those that did the work starved. This is
just payback and it couldn't happen to a more deserving nation. Now
stop your fucking whining and polish my boots boy.
Starry
now the USA trying to do same and fuking up big style ;)
Starry
2006-12-12 06:24:27 UTC
Post by Starry
Post by T***@USA.com
Post by m***@my-deja.com
Post by T***@USA.com
[...]
this says it all lol

http://www.snopes.com/politics/satire/revocation.asp
Wink Nightingale
2006-12-12 07:04:26 UTC
Post by T***@USA.com
Post by m***@my-deja.com
Post by T***@USA.com
Probably due to the fact that Brit workers are lazy incompetent
lardarses forever expecting a free handout. Instead of whining you
should be thanking the Poles because at least the job will be done
with some semblance of professionalism as opposed to the pigs dinner
Brit workers would made of it.
Indeed: it's amazing that Britain got anywhere before all these
wonderfully hard-working immigrants came over to show us how to run a
country. Why, if only we'd had them here a few centuries ago we could
have had an Empire that ran a quarter of the land on the planet and
most of the oceans
I've never ever ever seen an indian do a days manual labour.
You are without question the laziest people in the entire world.
Post by T***@USA.com
Who do you think was doing all the work in the Brit Empire!!? Usually
slaves or people driven at the point of a gun into working for the
Brit's. Yes, foreigners, whilst the lazy Brit fucks took all the money
for their endeavors whilst those that did the work starved. This is
just payback and it couldn't happen to a more deserving nation. Now
stop your fucking whining and polish my boots boy.
No you get back to polishing our boots you ignorant upity paki slave
scum.
We should ahve shot a few million of you, and still may do.

Useless unimaginative unhygenic ugly black scum.
Jon°
2006-12-12 08:48:58 UTC
Eh! Wink, why are you being so polite to "Abdulla"......Go on! Really give
it to him.
h***@freeispshares.co.uk
2006-12-12 10:51:37 UTC
Post by T***@USA.com
Post by m***@my-deja.com
Post by T***@USA.com
Probably due to the fact that Brit workers are lazy incompetent
lardarses forever expecting a free handout. Instead of whining you
should be thanking the Poles because at least the job will be done
with some semblance of professionalism as opposed to the pigs dinner
Brit workers would made of it.
Indeed: it's amazing that Britain got anywhere before all these
wonderfully hard-working immigrants came over to show us how to run a
country. Why, if only we'd had them here a few centuries ago we could
have had an Empire that ran a quarter of the land on the planet and
most of the oceans
Who do you think was doing all the work in the Brit Empire!!?
Examples please: name the countries, describe the work, name the
beneficiaries.
Post by T***@USA.com
Usually slaves
Where and when?
Post by T***@USA.com
into working for the
Brit's. Yes, foreigners, whilst the lazy Brit fucks took all the money
for their endeavors whilst those that did the work starved.
Where and when? Which British were lazy? Who paid for infrastructure?
Who starved?
Post by T***@USA.com
This is
just payback
By whom? For what? The people taking our jobs now are Poles. Is this
payback time for the fact that Britain went to war to save the Poles
from the Nazis?
Post by T***@USA.com
and it couldn't happen to a more deserving nation.
You're a racist.
I don't think you understand anything about it.
jb
2006-12-12 10:54:15 UTC
<***@USA.com> wrote in message news:***@4ax.com...
Now
Post by T***@USA.com
stop your fucking whining and polish my boots boy.
You have boots?,how wonderful.
Isn't it lucky that you and your Mom and your Mom's latest boyfriend have
the same shoe size.

When your Mom's boyfriend comes to the shack does he let you walk around in
them?
I'll just bet yer Mom is so proud of you standing up straight in them boots
all three foot six of you.

Do the other kids in your remedial class know you have the use of a pair of
boots?
The Rifleman
2006-12-12 11:07:19 UTC
Post by jb
Now
Post by T***@USA.com
stop your fucking whining and polish my boots boy.
You have boots?,how wonderful.
Isn't it lucky that you and your Mom and your Mom's latest boyfriend have
the same shoe size.
When your Mom's boyfriend comes to the shack does he let you walk around in
them?
I'll just bet yer Mom is so proud of you standing up straight in them boots
all three foot six of you.
Do the other kids in your remedial class know you have the use of a pair of
boots?
Dont upset the yank or he will go out and show you how brave he is by
killing a load of amish kids.
Jon°
2006-12-12 11:06:31 UTC
Do you share a prayer-mat with Chris X's other monkeys or do you have one
each?
The Rifleman
Christopher
2006-12-12 18:38:34 UTC
Post by T***@USA.com
Post by JA**
By Paul Broster
http://www.express.co.uk/news_detail.html?sku=862
A GROUP of skilled craftsmen working on an NHS project have been sacked and
their jobs given to migrant Polish workers.
Probably due to the fact that Brit workers are lazy incompetent
lardarses forever expecting a free handout. Instead of whining you
should be thanking the Poles because at least the job will be done
with some semblance of professionalism as opposed to the pigs dinner
Brit workers would made of it.
Is that why most manufacturing jobs in American have gone to China.
But then American's could never be considered as "lazy incompetent
lardarses forever expecting a free handout" could they.
Christopher
JA**
2006-12-13 17:06:43 UTC
Post by T***@USA.com
Post by JA**
By Paul Broster
http://www.express.co.uk/news_detail.html?sku=862
A GROUP of skilled craftsmen working on an NHS project have been sacked and
their jobs given to migrant Polish workers.
Probably due to the fact that Brit workers are lazy incompetent
lardarses forever expecting a free handout. Instead of whining you
should be thanking the Poles because at least the job will be done
with some semblance of professionalism as opposed to the pigs dinner
Brit workers would made of it.
----------
If the Poles are so wonderful according to you, why are they all clammering
to get over here?. Maybe it's because they fucked up their own country?
Paddy Johnson
2006-12-13 17:22:17 UTC
Post by JA**
Post by T***@USA.com
Post by JA**
By Paul Broster
http://www.express.co.uk/news_detail.html?sku=862
A GROUP of skilled craftsmen working on an NHS project have been sacked and
their jobs given to migrant Polish workers.
Probably due to the fact that Brit workers are lazy incompetent
lardarses forever expecting a free handout. Instead of whining you
should be thanking the Poles because at least the job will be done
with some semblance of professionalism as opposed to the pigs dinner
Brit workers would made of it.
----------
If the Poles are so wonderful according to you, why are they all clammering
to get over here?. Maybe it's because they fucked up their own country?
Because even after being cheated and shortchanged by their employers, who
are probably cheating the Inland Revenue as well, the Poles earn a lot more
than they would in Poland.

P.
fred_eg_bowinatuck
2006-12-13 18:35:34 UTC
Post by JA**
If the Poles are so wonderful according to you, why are they all
clammering to get over here?. Maybe it's because they fucked up their own
country?
If the British are so wonderful, why are they all clammering to get over to
Spain,
Australia and Canada? Maybe it's because they fucked up their own country?
jb
Fucking hell Fred, that's lame even by your scrape the barrel standards.
fred_eg_bowinatuck
2006-12-13 21:52:56 UTC
Post by jb
Post by fred_eg_bowinatuck
Post by JA**
If the Poles are so wonderful according to you, why are they all
clammering to get over here?. Maybe it's because they fucked up
their own country?
If the British are so wonderful, why are they all clammering to get over
to Spain, Australia and Canada? Maybe it's because they fucked up
their own country?
Fucking hell Fred, that's lame even by your scrape the barrel standards.
Lame, how so? This newsgroup uses enourmous bandwidth telling us how
bad the UK is, using Brits emigrating as proof, and then claim Poland must
really be bad, look how many come to UK!

Maria
2006-12-12 09:37:53 UTC
Post by JA**
By Paul Broster
http://www.express.co.uk/news_detail.html?sku=862
A GROUP of skilled craftsmen working on an NHS project have been sacked and
their jobs given to migrant Polish workers.
The 16 glaziers were axed from a hospital construction site even though one
had just won an award for his dedication and professionalism.
Polish workers are now in the jobs, leaving the sacked men to claim they are
victims of cheap EU labour flooding into the UK.
So when are some sacked British going to bring a racial discrimination
action? If Poles are a race (which apparently they are under UK racial
discrimination law), then British must also be surely.
The Rifleman
2006-12-12 11:05:11 UTC
All good food for the BNP, who did warn this would happen. Britain has
exactly the type of government it deserves, I bet all those unemployed Brit
glaziers are good old labour voters.
Maria
2006-12-12 13:18:13 UTC
Post by The Rifleman
All good food for the BNP, who did warn this would happen. Britain has
exactly the type of government it deserves, I bet all those unemployed Brit
glaziers are good old labour voters.
I wonder how many of them carry on paying union subs without realising
that the TUC et al are all in favour of immigrant labour.